In the last days I worked on a suitable setup for a Drone CI server to support multi-arch builds. While the setup for common x86 Drone runners is easy, working with setups for ARM, especially ARM32, is a bit tricky. The easiest way would be to have native servers of the respective architecture available. However, it’s difficult to find hosting offers for ARM at all - for ARM32 this seems almost impossible. I decided to use Amazon EC2 ARM64 servers, they are relatively cheap and can also be used as a private customer.
In my last article about modernizing a Game Boy Advance, one of my complaints was the ugly coloring of old Game Boy Classic games and I thought about buying an additional Game Boy Classic. But first I wanted to check if there was a mod for the Game Boy Advance to fix this problem.
Sometimes it is quite nice to revel in memories. Back to the good old days of our childhood where life was so easy. At least I have those retro feelings from time to time. This time I decided to follow these feelings and take back a part of my childhood. I wanted a Game Boy again. A real Game Boy, not a fake one or any of those emulator handhelds.
I love Ansible and I’m pretty happy to have this configuration management solution. But some little “features” drive me crazy sometimes. My task for today was to switch from a static Ansible inventory file to multiple dynamic inventory script. In general this, should be really straight forward. Create an inventory folder and add some small Python scripts to create Ansible readable inventories from different providers.